Wilderness trails of the Cederberg
- three hours drive from Cape Town
- set in the Cape Floral Kingdom
- The Cederberg ranges 50 kilometers from north to south / 20km from east to west
Hoist a pack on your back & travel into another age.
Deep on remote trails traversing rugged terrain, human encounters are rare. There's an almost Jurassic atmosphere.
Walks, easy rambles, and multi-day hikes.
Spend leisurely days out, and return to camp or cottages based at Cape Nature facilities or private farm-resorts.
Overnight trail options.
Pack carefully and equip yourselves well. Be prepared for long treks. Sleep overnight in huts; or in tents, or in the open.
- On multi-day hikes one needs to be entirely self-sufficient.
- In summer water can be scarce.
- Cederberg has wet winters. Temperatures dip below zero. Be suitably equipped. Prepare for all conditions.
Cottages and camp-grounds run by Cape Nature and private landowners are close to various trail-heads.
While on-trail sleep in basic huts (at a push!)
Or pitch a tent.
Although wildlife is not abundant there are signs.
In the morning you may find footprints nearby.
Activities besides hiking and camping?
- Visit the highest local wine farm
- tour rock art sites.
- Weekend night-tours of the sky. Get to know the bigger picture ...
For more information about tailor-made hikes in the Cederberg, please contact me.